We invite people over the age of 13 to volunteer at the library through our Volunteer Services program. The primary purpose of the Volunteer Services program is to engage volunteers in service for the Library, not to supplant the work of our employees, but to supplement our efforts.
Examples of volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Shelving books and other items
- Dusting books and shelves
- Assist with programs- pass out programs, assist with crowd control
- Assist Technical Services with preparing materials for circulation
- Greet people to the library
- Summer Reading Programs- assist with projects, programs and record keeping
- Assist with craft projects and materials needed for youth programs
- Light gardening, pulling weeds and managing flower beds
- Outdoor projects -sweeping sidewalks
- Maintenance of periodicals
For more details about volunteering at the library, please read our Volunteer Services Program Policy. If you have questions, please contact Assistant Director Catherine Stewart (at the phone number and email to the right).