Running from January 27th through March 8th, 2014
Kids from grades K-12 are invited to submit an original work of fiction or non-fiction to our Young Authors Event. The library will bind 2 copies of the book, returning one copy to the writer and keeping one copy on our shelves so others can view it. Check out our shelves for past submissions to see what it's all about! The library will host a party on April 15 to honor those who participated. See the rules and guidelines below:
- It is open to children in grades K through 12 who reside in the Library service area (Borough of Nazareth, Bushkill Township, Lower Nazareth Township, and Upper Nazareth Township).
- Entries must be original. The ideas, words and pictures must be your own, not copied from anywhere else.
- Please leave at least 1 ½” margin on the sides of your entry.
- Do not fasten your pages together (no glue or staples, paper clips are recommended).
- Entries should be at least 12 pages of story.
- Text can be handwritten or typed. In the K-2 category only, an adult may assist with the words but please do not change words or improve the text.
- Please use non-smear markers, crayons or any permanent medium for illustrations. No photographs are allowed.
- Paper should not exceed 8 ½ x 11 inches and should be durable and unlined. Cover page should be made of regular paper with at least a ½” margin all the way around. COVER PAGE MUST BE THE SAME SIZE AS THE INSIDE OF THE BOOK! PLEASE SUBMIT 2 COPIES OF THE FINISHED BOOK.
- A title page is required.
- Entries should be submitted in a large, flat envelope or securely paperclipped and should not be folded. Make sure your name and phone number is on your entries.
- Authors will be honored at a reception April 15, 2014 during National Library Week.