Filter By Section
Upcoming Events & Programs
Join us for a live online reading and Q&A with author Jennifer Gilmore! To register, email email@example.com by 2:00 PM EST on the day of the event to receive the Zoom meeting link and password, which will be emailed to registrants shortly before the event. Gilmore is the author of two novels for young adults, We Were Never Here and If Only. She also writes for adults and is the author of The Mothers; Glamour Magazine writes, “Faced with the incredibly daunting tasking of doing justice to such a…Find out more »
Stop by the library on the following Fridays between 11am-12noon to pick up your craft kit, and don't forget to tag us on social media with your finished projects so we can share them on our Facebook and Instagram stories! Craft Kits will be available on a first come, first served basis on the following days: Fridays, June 26th, July 10th, July 24th, and August 7th. The Summer Reading Program point value for this activity is 25. Have you signed up for…Find out more »
Did you miss the LIVE event on June 23rd? No worries! You can still match your wits against this Marvel-themed digital escape room from the comfort of your own home by accessing the link via Facebook! The Summer Reading Program point value for this event is 50. Have you signed up for our Summer Reading Program? If not, click here to register!Find out more »
Join Action Karate for the White Belt Challenge! You will take one free class a week for 5 weeks from the comfort of your own home. The classes teach basic martial arts skills to encourage fitness and character skills such as confidence and respect. At your 5th class you can earn your white belt (which will be mailed to you beforehand), but you must attend all 5 classes! We will celebrate this accomplishment all together as a class! Classes will…Find out more »
The same Shake & Boogie you all love in the library, complete with music and dancing, will be held throughout our Summer Reading Program! Join us each Tuesday at 10:30am on Facebook for this beloved program! The Summer Reading Program point value for this event is 20. Have you signed up for our Summer Reading Program? If not, click here to register!Find out more »
Children can have fun while developing higher level thinking skills with Joe's weekly STEM challenges! These videos will be posted on Facebook every Wednesday morning (starting June 17th and concluding August 5th) at 10:30am -- please share your pictures in the comments section below the video, we'd love to see what you do to earn your Summer Reading Program points! The Summer Reading Program point value for this challenge is 50. Have you signed up for our Summer Reading Program?…Find out more »
Presented by a Certified Professional Résumé Writer, you will learn tricks of the trade for creating a résumé that will get you noticed. Follow up topics will include writing cover letters, job search strategies, and interview tips. Registration is required for this event, email firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th to receive a link to this program on July 1st. The Summer Reading Program point value for this event is 50. Have you signed up for our Summer Reading Program? If not,…Find out more »
Join us every Thursday at 10:30am during our Summer Reading Program for a story time with your favorite Children's Librarians; this weekly program will be held on Facebook! The Summer Reading Program point value for this event is 20. Have you signed up for our Summer Reading Program? If not, click here to register!Find out more »
Teen Advisory Board (TAB) meetings will resume every Thursday at 3pm (June 18th - August 6th)! Email email@example.com for more information and a meeting link! The Summer Reading Program point value for this is 20. Have you signed up for our Summer Reading Program? If not, click here to register!Find out more »
Join us for Disney & Kid-Friendly Trivia, fun for children AND adults on Fridays June 19th, July 3rd, July 17th, and July 31st! Registration is required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon the day of the event to receive a link to the program. The Summer Reading Program point value for this event is 50. Have you signed up for our Summer Reading Program? If not, click here to register!Find out more »
Next SectionBook Clubs
The following book discussion groups are facilitated by members of the community, all book clubs are open to new members.
- Brainy Bibliophiles is led by Jill Silvius, Ph.D. and takes a more scholarly approach to book discussions. Click here to view a complete list of this book club’s 2020 book selections.
- Nazareth Book Club meets on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm; click here to view a complete list of this book club’s 2020 book selections.
- Daytime Book Club meets on Friday mornings at 10:30am; click here to view a complete list of this book club’s 2020 book selections.
Next SectionBook Sales
We have three main book sales per year, in 2020 the dates are as follows (click the dates for additional information):
- April 1-4: Library Book Sale
- June 4-6: Friends of the Library Book Sale
- November 5-7: Friends of the Library Book Sale
During the summer months, check out our on-going book sale to keep you reading poolside on those relaxing vacations!
- We do not accept book donations all year; however, we do accept donations approximately six weeks prior to each sale (please refer to the calendar for exact dates).
- We do not accept VHS or cassette tapes, encyclopedias, magazines, textbooks, or Readers Digest Condensed Books. All books must be in good condition.
The MLNV publishes an online newsletter that is delivered to subscribers each month. If you’d like to sign up for this free service, please email outreach.
Check out what’s been happening at the library:
Next SectionMeeting Room
Meeting Room Request
Meeting rooms can be reserved without charge to organized non-profit associations, tax supported institutions, and government entities holding a meeting or event that is both open to the public and no fee or donation is charged or solicited for the meeting, materials or services.
Meeting rooms are available for use by for-profit entities (including for-profit tutors) at the rates listed within our Meeting Room Policy.
For more information on scheduling a meeting room for individual or group use, please refer to our Meeting Room Policy.
Next SectionSummer Reading Program
Summer Reading Program
Summer Reading Program 2020
Click here for the Week 2 schedule: June 22nd – June 26!
Our annual Summer Reading Program runs June 15th through August 8th and is designed to encourage people of all ages to read for fun during the summer.
This summer may not look like previous summers to many of us, however, you can count on the library to bring you the best virtual programs, events, and activities for ALL ages throughout the summer! Please join us for our Summer Reading Program 2020.
To go to our Summer Reading Program website or to register, click here.
TIPS: For a better experience while registering, make sure to have the library cards for all family members you plan on enrolling in our Summer Reading Program. Reach out to email@example.com for technical assistance.
2019 Summer Reading Program
Highlights from our 2019 program included: a special program from the Franklin Institute, Didgeridoo, a Pride Month celebration, summer coding clubs, a cooking class for children, reading to the pups, brunch bunches, art programs, a stuffed animal sleepover, DIY terrarium classes for both adults and teens, and a special evening with John Adams! We also invited the community to the library to celebrate Nazareth Day–with a visit from favorite princesses Cinderella & Belle, an inflatable obstacle course on the front lawn, face painting, and an Escape Room!
Next Section2019 Touch a Truck
10th Anniversary Touch a Truck Event
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
Bushkill Township Recreation Fields
With more vehicles than ever before, at a new venue in beautiful Bushkill Township, and with added attractions (an inflatable obstacle course and two Disney princesses!), we were set up for success at the start of the event! With the additional gift from Mother Nature, the day could not have been better as we hosted more than 1,200 guests and raised $17,330!
For a video recap of this amazing day, click here.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Chopper Sponsor ($5,000+)
Monster Truck Sponsors ($1,000-$1,999)
Tough Truck Sponsors ($500-$999)
Bulldozer Truck Sponsors ($250-$499)
Rescue Truck Sponsors ($100-$249)
- Beatty Contractors & Wreckers, Ltd.
- Kitchen Magic, Inc.
- Northampton Community College
Next Section2020 Brooklyn Bus Trip
A Slice of Brooklyn on September 20, 2020
PLEASE NOTE that this bus trip has been rescheduled from April 26th to September 20, 2020! The itinerary remains the same, just a different date. Spots are still available for this trip, order your tickets below!
Join us for this fun-filled day!
- The bus leaves William Penn Park and Ride at 8:30am and arrives back at approximately 7:00pm.
Itinerary of Stops with a Tour Guide
- Grimaldi’s Pizza (under the Brooklyn Bridge)
- L&B Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst
- Various Brooklyn neighborhoods
- Movie locations
- Coney Island boardwalk
- $110 per person (this price includes bus, gratuities, two slices of pizza and a non-alcoholic beverage at both pizzerias).
- All payments are non-refundable.
Pay by Check
- Checks may be mailed to Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity, 295 E. Center Street, Nazareth, PA 18064. Please make checks payable to Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity and include the name of each person going, email address, and contact phone number.
- If you are paying for your reservation at the library, you will fill out a form with the names of everyone in your party — be sure to include yourself!
Pay by Credit Card
- You can purchase up to 4 reservations per transaction either at the library, or by clicking this button:
- If purchasing online, please list the names of everyone in your party in the Description field, including your name as the point of contact.
- Space is limited; full payment is required to reserve your spot.
- This bus trip is open to all ages; children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is very little walking on this trip, other than on the Coney Island Boardwalk, which has many benches.
- All proceeds benefit the library!
- Please email Norma Shriver at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Next SectionLego Wall
We welcome you and your children to check out our NEW Lego Wall! This popular play space is located upstairs in the Children’s Department, in the Easy-to-Read room.
Funding for the lego wall was made possible by the Will R. Beitel Children’s Community Foundation.
Next Section~ Recorded Story Times!
~ Recorded Story Times!
When the library is closed, you can still enjoy story times from your favorite Children’s Librarians on Facebook, or by clicking the links below! Check back in a few days for more!
- May 27, 2020: Miss Catherine
Curious George at the Railroad Station, by Margret and H. A. Rey
- May 22, 2020: Miss Catherine
The Berenstain Bears, Ready, Get Set, Go! by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- May 20, 2020: Mrs. Ellis
The Runaway Pumpkin, by Kevin Lewis
- May 15, 2020: Miss Catherine
Clifford’s Birthday Party, by Norman Bridwell
- May 13, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Join Mrs. Kelly for a fun craft related to the book, Curious George and the Pizza Party, by Margret Rey and H.A. Rey!
- May 8, 2020: Miss Catherine
Curious George at the Parade, by H. A. & Margret Rey
- May 6, 2020: LIVE with Miss Shelby
That Is NOT a Good Idea, by Mo Willems
- May 1, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Join Mrs. Kelly for a fun craft related to the book, Boom! Boom! Boom! by Jamie A. Swenson!
- April 29, 2020: Miss Catherine
Kite Day: A Bear and Mole Story, by Will Hillenbrand
- April 24, 2020: Shake & Boogie with Miss Catherine!
- April 21, 2020: Bilingual Story Time with Miss Shelby
The Sad, Sad Monster / El Triste Triste Monstruo, by Dolores Costello
- April 17, 2020: Miss Catherine
Barnyard Banter, by Denise Fleming
- April 15, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Join Mrs. Kelly for some fun activity ideas based off of her April 2nd story time, Too Many Carrots!
- April 10, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Curious George and the Pizza Party, by Margret Rey and H.A. Rey
- April 8, 2020: Miss Catherine
Bark, George, by Jules Feiffer
- April 2, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Too Many Carrots, by Katy Hudson
- March 25, 2020: Bilingual Story Time with Miss Catherine and Miss Shelby
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- March 20, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Boom, Boom, Boom! by Jamie A. Swenson
- March 19, 2020: Miss Catherine
Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- March 18, 2020: Miss Catherine
If Give a Dog a Donut, by Laura Numeroff
- March 17, 2020: Miss Catherine
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover! by Lucille Colandro