Filter By Section
The Main Library Hours are as follows:
- Monday: 10am-5pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10am-8pm
- Friday: 10am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-4pm*
*July & August Saturday Hours: 9am-1pm
The Lower Nazareth Library is open during story times, Thursdays from 10-11:30am
The outside book drop is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All books returned by 9:30am on weekdays and 8:30am on Saturdays will be backdated to the previous day of operation.
Next Section2019 Closings & Holidays
2019 Closings & Holidays
Any unanticipated full-day or early closures, and delayed openings will be noted on this website, Facebook, and Instagram. In addition to these resources, you can check WFMZ for adjusted hours due to inclement weather.
The following is a list of scheduled closures (all are full-day, unless otherwise noted).
- January 1, 2019 – New Year’s Day
- January 21, 2019 – Martin Luther King Day
- February 18, 2019 – President’s Day
- April 19, 2019 – Spring Holiday
- May 25, 2019 – Memorial Day Holiday
- May 27, 2019 – Memorial Day Holiday
- July 4, 2019 – Fourth of July Holiday
- August 31, 2019 – Labor Day Holiday
- September 2, 2019 – Labor Day Holiday
- October 19, 2019 – Nazareth Halloween Parade
- November 27, 2019 – 5:00 pm Closure – Thanksgiving Holiday
- November 28, 2019 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 7, 2019 –Christmas in Nazareth
(The Library is open to participate in Christmas in Nazareth, but all library services will be unavailable.)
- December 24, 2019 – Winter Holiday
- December 25, 2019 – Winter Holiday
- December 31, 2019 – Winter Holiday
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for the online newsletter?
Click here to sign up for our newsletter.
Do I need to get a library card to use the computers?
You do not need a library card, the computers are open to the public. We do require a sign-in and sign-out for statistical purposes; the sheet is located at the Main Circulation Desk in Reference.
How many times can I renew a book?
You can renew a book three times, unless it is on hold for another patron (in that case, you cannot renew). Please contact the Circulation Desk for renewal policies for other items (e.g., DVDs, museum passes, etc.).
Do I need to come into the library to renew a book?
You can renew via this website, or you can call the library to have it renewed for you. Please note, you cannot renew from home the day the item is due, however, you can call the library.
Where's the copy machine and how does it work?
There is a copy machine located by the patron computers; the coin slot is located next to it (and it does give change!). Copies are 15 cents/page.
What are your hours?
Please click here for our hours of operation.
What is the cost of different services?
Please click here for a complete list of service costs.
What do I need in order to join the library?
View Membership Eligibility for complete information.
My children go to Nazareth schools, why can’t we join?
Residents of Stockertown, Tatamy, and Plainfield townships are not eligible for Nazareth Library cards because those townships do not contribute to the library’s funding. If you are a resident of one of these townships, you may purchase a library card from one of the following libraries, to be used only at the library issuing the card:
- Bangor Public Library
- Easton Area Public Library (cards may be purchased and used at any of the 3 Easton Area Public Library branches)
If I can’t join MLNV, where is my library?
The following is a list of local libraries and the townships that they serve.
Go to Memorial Library of Nazareth if you live in:
- Bushkill Township
- Lower Nazareth Township
- Nazareth Borough
- Upper Nazareth Township
Go to Easton Area Public Library if you live in:
- Easton Area School District
- Easton (city)
- Forks Township
- Lower Mount Bethel Township (the part served by the Easton Area School District)
- Palmer Township
- Riegelsville Borough
Go to Bethlehem Area Public Library if you live in:
- Bethlehem (city)
- Bethlehem Township
- Fountain Hill Borough (Lehigh County)
- Freemansburg Borough
- Hanover Township (Northampton County)
- Lower Saucon Township
Go to Mary Meuser Memorial Library if you live in:
- Wilson Area School District
- Glendon Borough
- West Easton Borough
- Williams Township
- Wilson Borough
Go to Northampton Area Public Library if you live in:
- Northampton Area School District
- Allen Township
- Bath Borough
- Chapman Quarries Borough
- East Allen Township
- Lehigh Township
- Moore Township
- Northampton Borough
Go to Bangor Public Library if you live in:
- East Bangor
- Lower Mount Bethel Township (part)
- Upper Mount Bethel Township
- Washington Township
Go to Hellertown Area Public Library if you live in:
- Hellertown Borough
NOTE – Some Northampton County Communities do not support a public library including: Tatamy, Stockertown and Plainfield Township. Residents of those communities may purchase cards at: Easton Area Public Library, Palmer Public Library and Bangor Public Library. These cards may be used at the issuing library only.
All emails will be answered within three business days.