Filter By Section
Upcoming Events & Programs
Join us for 1/2 hour of songs, music and movement; no registration is required. This Shake & Boogie is held in the Bushkill Township Municipal Building, 1114 Bushkill Center Road, Nazareth (4.7 miles north of MLNV). >>Get DirectionsFind out more »
The Library is open to participate in Christmas in Nazareth, but all library services will be unavailable. Schedule of Events: 12-4pm: Holiday Basket Raffle 12-4pm: Hot Cider 12-4pm: Children’s Crafts 12-4pm: NASME Train Display 12:30 -1pm: Nazareth Community Choir 1-3pm: Santa Claus 1-3pm: Strolling Musician 2:00-3:30pm: Polar Express Story Time followed by a Meet & Greet with the Polar Express ConductorFind out more »
Just in time for the holidays, join us for a fun evening of making gingerbread houses! There is no age range for the children, this event is open to all families (1 gingerbread house per family)! Space is limited, and registration is required for this free family event, sign up in the Children's Department starting Tuesday, December 3rd.Find out more »
Join us on Wednesday, December 18th for the meeting at which UNT will vote on the budget in which it has been proposed they will cut $50,000; this cut would affect EVERYONE'S library services, with the most reductions to UNT residents. Click here for detailed information on this crisis. On Wednesday, November 6, Upper Nazareth Township Supervisors revealed that they are intending to slash funding to the Memorial Library of Nazareth and Vicinity. If Upper Nazareth Township does in fact…Find out more »
Next SectionBook Clubs
All book clubs are open to the public and meet in the Library living room (unless otherwise noted).
Library-Led Book Clubs
These book discussion groups are facilitated by Library staff members and/or volunteers; registration is encouraged (registrants receive a free copy of the book while supplies last)
The Reel Book Club
The Reel Book Club is led by Sarah Ellis and focuses on casual conversations about books that have been adapted to the small/large screen.
Community-Led Book Clubs
The following two book discussion groups are facilitated by members of the community; both book discussion groups are open to the public.
- Nazareth Book Club meets on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm.
- Daytime Book Club meets on Friday mornings at 10:30am.
Click here for their book choices and meeting dates.
Next SectionBook Sales
We have three main book sales per year:
- March: Library Book Sale
- June: Friends of the Library Book Sale
- November 7-9: Friends of the Library Book Sale
Please check our Calendar for specific dates.
During the summer months, check out our on-going book sale to keep you reading poolside on those relaxing vacations!
- We do not accept book donations all year; however, we do accept donations approximately six weeks prior to each sale (please refer to the calendar for exact dates).
- We do not accept VHS or cassette tapes, encyclopedias, magazines, textbooks, or Readers Digest Condensed Books. All books must be in good, sellable condition.
The MLNV publishes an online newsletter that is delivered to subscribers each month. If you’d like to sign up for this free service, please email outreach.
Check out what’s been happening at the library:
Next SectionMeeting Room
Meeting Room Request
Meeting rooms can be reserved without charge to organized non-profit associations, tax supported institutions, and government entities holding a meeting or event that is both open to the public and no fee or donation is charged or solicited for the meeting, materials or services.
Meeting rooms are available for use by for-profit entities (including for-profit tutors) at the rates listed within our Meeting Room Policy.
For more information on scheduling a meeting room for individual or group use, please refer to our Meeting Room Policy.
Next SectionSummer Reading Program
Summer Reading Program
Our annual Summer Reading Program runs mid-June through mid-August and is designed to encourage people of all ages to read for fun during the summer. Throughout the summer, we run a series of fun events (in addition to our multiple drop-in programs for children) and reading challenges for adults, teens, and children (each with opportunities for prizes).
2019 Reading prizes included:
- Children: a family pack for Becky’s Drive-In, a gift card for the Crayola Experience, and a family gift card for Knoebels; plus, multiple chances to win $5 gift cards.
- Teens: Gift cards to Regal Cinemas, GameStop, Target, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Starbucks, iTunes, and Kohl’s.
- Adults: Gift cards to Birthright Brewery, Smooch, Emily’s Ice Cream, Calandra’s, Zanette’s, Sweet & Savory, Stonewood Tavern, and Cherry Hill Hotel.
Highlights from our 2019 program include: a special program from the Franklin Institute, Didgeridoo, a Pride Month celebration, summer coding clubs, a cooking class for children, reading to the pups, brunch bunches, art programs, a stuffed animal sleepover, DIY terrarium classes for both adults and teens, and a special evening with John Adams! We also invited the community to the library to celebrate Nazareth Day–with a visit from favorite princesses Cinderella & Belle, an inflatable obstacle course on the front lawn, face painting, and an Escape Room!
Next Section2019 Touch a Truck
10th Anniversary Touch a Truck Event
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
Bushkill Township Recreation Fields
With more vehicles than ever before, at a new venue in beautiful Bushkill Township, and with added attractions (an inflatable obstacle course and two Disney princesses!), we were set up for success at the start of the event! With the additional gift from Mother Nature, the day could not have been better as we hosted more than 1,200 guests and raised $17,330!
For a video recap of this amazing day, click here.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Chopper Sponsor ($5,000+)
Monster Truck Sponsors ($1,000-$1,999)
Tough Truck Sponsors ($500-$999)
Bulldozer Truck Sponsors ($250-$499)
Rescue Truck Sponsors ($100-$249)
- Beatty Contractors & Wreckers, Ltd.
- Kitchen Magic, Inc.
- Northampton Community College
Next Section*NEW* 2020 Bus Trip
A Slice of Brooklyn on April 26, 2020
Join us for this fun-filled day!
- The bus leaves William Penn Park and Ride at 8:30am and arrives back at approximately 7:00pm.
Itinerary of Stops with a Tour Guide
- Grimaldi’s Pizza (under the Brooklyn Bridge)
- L&B Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst
- Various Brooklyn neighborhoods
- Movie locations
- Coney Island boardwalk
- $110 per person (this price includes bus, gratuities, two slices of pizza and a non-alcoholic beverage at both pizzerias).
- All payments are non-refundable.
Pay by Check
- Checks may be mailed to Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity, 295 E. Center Street, Nazareth, PA 18064. Please make checks payable to Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity and include the name of each person going, email address, and contact phone number.
- If you are paying for your reservation at the library, you will fill out a form with the names of everyone in your party — be sure to include yourself!
Pay by Credit Card
- You can purchase up to 4 reservations per transaction either at the library, or by clicking this button:
- If purchasing online, please list the names of everyone in your party in the Description field, including your name as the point of contact.
- Space is limited; full payment is required to reserve your spot.
- This bus trip is open to all ages; children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is very little walking on this trip, other than on the Coney Island Boardwalk, which has many benches.
- All proceeds benefit the library!
- Please email Norma Shriver at email@example.com with any questions.