Filter By Section
Upcoming Events & Programs
A building experience for preschoolers; no registration is required.Find out more »
A 1/2 hour of music, movement and fun; no registration is required.Find out more »
IMPORTANT NOTES: The June 2nd Brainy Bibliophiles discussion of Flaubert's Parrot by Julian Barnes is postponed. The September 1st discussion of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury may be held via an online platform. The audiobook is available on Hoopla, and e-book versions are readily available online. Please keep checking the MLNV website, Instagram and Facebook pages for updates. Questions? Email email@example.com.Find out more »
Join Miss Catherine for stories, finger plays and songs; no registration is required for this drop-in program! Ages 2 years + @ 10:30-11am Ages <2 years @ 11:15-11:45amFind out more »
Stock up your own library at the Friends of the Library Semi-Annual Book Sale! Thursday, June 4: The pre-sale begins at 9am for Friends Members Only (Memberships available at the door!). Friday, June 5: All hardcover books are $1 Saturday, June 6: $5 bag sale Book proceeds support library book purchases and special programs for children and adults. The library budget cannot fund it all, so please lend your support while building your own collection! Donations Accepted May 4th through…Find out more »
Next SectionBook Clubs
The following book discussion groups are facilitated by members of the community, all book clubs are open to new members.
- Brainy Bibliophiles is led by Jill Silvius, Ph.D. and takes a more scholarly approach to book discussions. Click here to view a complete list of this book club’s 2020 book selections.
- Nazareth Book Club meets on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm; click here to view a complete list of this book club’s 2020 book selections.
- Daytime Book Club meets on Friday mornings at 10:30am; click here to view a complete list of this book club’s 2020 book selections.
Next SectionBook Sales
We have three main book sales per year, in 2020 the dates are as follows (click the dates for additional information):
- April 1-4: Library Book Sale
- June 4-6: Friends of the Library Book Sale
- November 5-7: Friends of the Library Book Sale
During the summer months, check out our on-going book sale to keep you reading poolside on those relaxing vacations!
- We do not accept book donations all year; however, we do accept donations approximately six weeks prior to each sale (please refer to the calendar for exact dates).
- We do not accept VHS or cassette tapes, encyclopedias, magazines, textbooks, or Readers Digest Condensed Books. All books must be in good condition.
The MLNV publishes an online newsletter that is delivered to subscribers each month. If you’d like to sign up for this free service, please email outreach.
Check out what’s been happening at the library:
Next SectionMeeting Room
Meeting Room Request
Meeting rooms can be reserved without charge to organized non-profit associations, tax supported institutions, and government entities holding a meeting or event that is both open to the public and no fee or donation is charged or solicited for the meeting, materials or services.
Meeting rooms are available for use by for-profit entities (including for-profit tutors) at the rates listed within our Meeting Room Policy.
For more information on scheduling a meeting room for individual or group use, please refer to our Meeting Room Policy.
Next SectionSummer Reading Program
Summer Reading Program
Summer Reading Program 2020
Our annual Summer Reading Program runs mid-June through mid-August and is designed to encourage people of all ages to read for fun during the summer.
This summer may not look like previous summers to many of us, however, you can count on the library to bring you the best virtual programs, events, and activities for ALL ages throughout the summer!
Please join us for our Summer Reading Program 2020, registration opens June 8th!
(Check back here as details become available!)
2019 Summer Reading Program
Highlights from our 2019 program included: a special program from the Franklin Institute, Didgeridoo, a Pride Month celebration, summer coding clubs, a cooking class for children, reading to the pups, brunch bunches, art programs, a stuffed animal sleepover, DIY terrarium classes for both adults and teens, and a special evening with John Adams! We also invited the community to the library to celebrate Nazareth Day–with a visit from favorite princesses Cinderella & Belle, an inflatable obstacle course on the front lawn, face painting, and an Escape Room!
Next Section2019 Touch a Truck
10th Anniversary Touch a Truck Event
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
Bushkill Township Recreation Fields
With more vehicles than ever before, at a new venue in beautiful Bushkill Township, and with added attractions (an inflatable obstacle course and two Disney princesses!), we were set up for success at the start of the event! With the additional gift from Mother Nature, the day could not have been better as we hosted more than 1,200 guests and raised $17,330!
For a video recap of this amazing day, click here.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Chopper Sponsor ($5,000+)
Monster Truck Sponsors ($1,000-$1,999)
Tough Truck Sponsors ($500-$999)
Bulldozer Truck Sponsors ($250-$499)
Rescue Truck Sponsors ($100-$249)
- Beatty Contractors & Wreckers, Ltd.
- Kitchen Magic, Inc.
- Northampton Community College
Next Section2020 Brooklyn Bus Trip
A Slice of Brooklyn on September 20, 2020
PLEASE NOTE that this bus trip has been rescheduled from April 26th to September 20, 2020! The itinerary remains the same, just a different date. Spots are still available for this trip, order your tickets below!
Join us for this fun-filled day!
- The bus leaves William Penn Park and Ride at 8:30am and arrives back at approximately 7:00pm.
Itinerary of Stops with a Tour Guide
- Grimaldi’s Pizza (under the Brooklyn Bridge)
- L&B Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst
- Various Brooklyn neighborhoods
- Movie locations
- Coney Island boardwalk
- $110 per person (this price includes bus, gratuities, two slices of pizza and a non-alcoholic beverage at both pizzerias).
- All payments are non-refundable.
Pay by Check
- Checks may be mailed to Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity, 295 E. Center Street, Nazareth, PA 18064. Please make checks payable to Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity and include the name of each person going, email address, and contact phone number.
- If you are paying for your reservation at the library, you will fill out a form with the names of everyone in your party — be sure to include yourself!
Pay by Credit Card
- You can purchase up to 4 reservations per transaction either at the library, or by clicking this button:
- If purchasing online, please list the names of everyone in your party in the Description field, including your name as the point of contact.
- Space is limited; full payment is required to reserve your spot.
- This bus trip is open to all ages; children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is very little walking on this trip, other than on the Coney Island Boardwalk, which has many benches.
- All proceeds benefit the library!
- Please email Norma Shriver at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Next SectionLego Wall
We welcome you and your children to check out our NEW Lego Wall! This popular play space is located upstairs in the Children’s Department, in the Easy-to-Read room.
Funding for the lego wall was made possible by the Will R. Beitel Children’s Community Foundation.
Next Section~ Recorded Story Times!
~ Recorded Story Times!
When the library is closed, you can still enjoy story times from your favorite Children’s Librarians on Facebook, or by clicking the links below! Check back in a few days for more!
- May 27, 2020: Miss Catherine
Curious George at the Railroad Station, by Margret and H. A. Rey
- May 22, 2020: Miss Catherine
The Berenstain Bears, Ready, Get Set, Go! by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- May 20, 2020: Mrs. Ellis
The Runaway Pumpkin, by Kevin Lewis
- May 15, 2020: Miss Catherine
Clifford’s Birthday Party, by Norman Bridwell
- May 13, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Join Mrs. Kelly for a fun craft related to the book, Curious George and the Pizza Party, by Margret Rey and H.A. Rey!
- May 8, 2020: Miss Catherine
Curious George at the Parade, by H. A. & Margret Rey
- May 6, 2020: LIVE with Miss Shelby
That Is NOT a Good Idea, by Mo Willems
- May 1, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Join Mrs. Kelly for a fun craft related to the book, Boom! Boom! Boom! by Jamie A. Swenson!
- April 29, 2020: Miss Catherine
Kite Day: A Bear and Mole Story, by Will Hillenbrand
- April 24, 2020: Shake & Boogie with Miss Catherine!
- April 21, 2020: Bilingual Story Time with Miss Shelby
The Sad, Sad Monster / El Triste Triste Monstruo, by Dolores Costello
- April 17, 2020: Miss Catherine
Barnyard Banter, by Denise Fleming
- April 15, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Join Mrs. Kelly for some fun activity ideas based off of her April 2nd story time, Too Many Carrots!
- April 10, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Curious George and the Pizza Party, by Margret Rey and H.A. Rey
- April 8, 2020: Miss Catherine
Bark, George, by Jules Feiffer
- April 2, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Too Many Carrots, by Katy Hudson
- March 25, 2020: Bilingual Story Time with Miss Catherine and Miss Shelby
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- March 20, 2020: Mrs. Kelly
Boom, Boom, Boom! by Jamie A. Swenson
- March 19, 2020: Miss Catherine
Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- March 18, 2020: Miss Catherine
If Give a Dog a Donut, by Laura Numeroff
- March 17, 2020: Miss Catherine
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover! by Lucille Colandro