Filter By Section
Tell us what you like to read, and we’ll send you our recommendations! In order to receive the best results, complete as much of the form as possible. You will receive your personalized book list to the email you provide below in about two weeks.
Next SectionBook Clubs
MLNV is home to several book clubs, all meetings are currently taking place online via BlueJeans and Zoom, and new members are always welcome! More information on each discussion group is available below.
Brainy Bibliophiles is led by Jill Silvius, Ph.D. and takes a more scholarly approach to book discussions.
The group reads a mix of fiction, nonfiction, and classics – usually texts that are longer, more theoretical, and/or more complex than you might find in another book group.
The group meets in-person at 5:00PM on select dates in the living room.
Registration is recommended.
For more information, email [email protected].
- March 7th, 5pm – Another look at “Little Red Riding Hood”:
- “The Company of Wolves” (short story) by Angela Carter and “Between (Just) the Paws of the Tender Wolf: Rereading the Conclusion of Angela Carter’s ‘The Company of Wolves'” (article)
- Registrants will be emailed the link to the short story and a copy of the essay.
- June 6th, 5pm – Another look at empathy:
- The Empathy Exams (essays) by Leslie Jamison
- September 5th, 5pm – Another look at love and reality (and quantum mechanics):
- Dark Matter (fiction book) by Blake Crouch
- December 5th, 5pm – Another look at Hamlet:
- Rosenkrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (drama) by Tom Stoppard
Daytime Book Discussion Group
The Daytime Book Discussion Group meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at 11:00AM.
Audiobook Discussion Group
The Audiobook Discussion Group meets on the second Thursday of each month at 1:00PM.
- May 11 – The Girls with No Names by Serena Burdick
- June 8 – The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
- July 13 – The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michelle Richardson
Next SectionReading Lists - Adult
Click through the below genre lists to find your next favorite book! Click on the books covers to see the item in our catalog!