Filter By Section
Back to School - At Home Resources
Check out our compilation of educational resources as you tackle the new school year!
Creating an "at-home" classroom
With each school adopting different teaching schedules this year, it’s possible that students may be spending a few extra days at home. Check out these links for tips on how to create a productive learning environment at home.
Digital Resources by Age Group
Tips for Distance Learning
Distance learning is new to many of us. Take a look at the following resources for tips on helping your students succeed academically at home.
Additional Services from MLNV
- hoopla – To access hoopla you must first register using your library card number and a personal e-mail. Make sure to write down your username and password for future use.
- Request an interlibrary loan (ILL) – ILL is a service that allows a patron of one library to borrow materials that are owned by another library. If MLNV doesn’t have an item you’d like, inquire at the main circulation desk to fill out the request form in person, or you can complete it online!
- One-on-One Research appointments – Get help with your next school assignment. We offer individual appointments (up to one hour) with students to identify useful resources, learn about research databases, or just get started in the Library.
- Schedule a curbside pickup – Place your books on hold using your library account, the myLibro app, or by calling us at 610-759-4932. Once you receive a notification from us letting you know that your books are ready, set up a pickup appointment!
- Tech appointments – Call the library or stop by the main circulation desk to set up on a appointment with our Technology specialist!
Take some time to de-stress with the following resources.
Please enjoy the following additional resources as we continue to work through the COVID-19 crisis. These resources are gracefully being offered for free and are available for a limited time.
EBSCO School and Public Libraries Resource Center
An expertly curated list of resources for School and Public Libraries put together by EBSCO. Many of these resources are helpful for teachers and parents as they transition to distance learning. This particular resource is available until further notice.
Accel5 has compiled the following resources from top business authors, executives, and educators to help you and your organization stay productive, build new skills, and provide leadership during these challenging times. These items are accessible to all, regardless of subscription status. This resource is available until further notice.
*Available until further notice* Instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet. Explore the collection, select a title and start listening.
Access to Booklist Online is free through September 30. Booklist is a book-review magazine that has been published by the American Library Association for more than 100 years, and is widely viewed as offering the most reliable reviews to help libraries decide what to buy and to help library patrons and students decide what to read, view, or listen to.
*Available until further notice* Online courses provide training and demonstration for users and administrators on a variety of EBSCO products and interfaces. Dozens of new sessions are offered each month.
Flipster Digital Magazines
Flipster offers many unique titles with high appeal and readership, such as Entertainment Weekly, Essence, Forbes, Fortune, Martha Stewart Living, Kiplinger’s Retirement Report, People, Time, Ranger Rick, Sports Illustrated, The Atlantic, Cosmopolitan, and more. Flipster will be available until June 30, 2020. For the login information to this resource, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholastic - Learn at Home Website
*Available until further notice* Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing. Select the “Resources for Families” or “Resources for Teachers” links provided to access ScienceFLIX.
TumbleBooks will make its family of online libraries available for free to all public libraries until further notice.
A Community Project: COVID-19 Time Capsule
As Nazareth and the rest of the world are facing the challenges of the COVID-19 virus, we want to preserve the stories of how our lives are being disrupted and transformed by the virus. To that end, we ask for your help in chronicling our collective pandemic experiences.